The COVID-19 crisis has presented marketers with quite a challenge. Customers don’t want to be sold to and no one wants to spend money. In fact, traditional marketing has been paused for fear of coming off as insensitive and out of touch. But that doesn’t mean you stop. You just do it differently. The pandemic is driving marketers back to the fundamentals of relationship building and value creation. This is how you stay relevant during the crisis, and as we reopen the economy. On this episode, we talk with Jared Johnson of Shift.Health about how to get it done.
- How buyers priorities have changed over the past couple of months
- The importance of “Show. Don’t tell.”
- What to do when your buyers don’t want to be sold to
- How to understand your buyers needs when they don’t want to hear from you
- What to do when the top of the funnel is blocked and the middle of the funnel is slower than ever
- How to create opportunities for your customers – and no, we don’t mean the opportunity to buy your product
- Why it’s more important than ever to double-down on relationships
- The right way to do email in a crisis
- How to think like your customers and why that helps you add value
- How to do your homework before a cold email or LinkedIn message
- Understanding where you have the authority to speak
- Why you should extend your marketing to include the experience your customers have when they consume your product or service
Jared Johnson builds innovative healthcare brands through digital strategy and engaging content that turns heads. He is a digital branding consultant, rapping keynote speaker, prolific content creator, host of the Healthcare Rap Podcast, and author of Connect the Docs: Put Digital Health Into Practice. He is founder of the Shift.Health Content Network, the infotainment network of podcasts and video series that are shifting how healthcare is marketed and experienced. Onalytica listed him as a #DigitalHealth Top 100 Influencer, and his peers nominated him to the #HIT100 list of health IT social media influencers twice.
Healthcare Rap Podcast – http://healthcarerap.com/Jared’s LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jaredjohnson/Jared’s Twitter – https://twitter.com/jaredpianoShift.Health Content Network – https://shift.health/Shift podcasts – https://shift.health/podcasts/Shift video series – https://shift.health/videos/
Full show notes and links: https://thehcbiz.com/marketing-in-a-post-covid-world-with-jared-johnson
This episode is sponsored by Formstack.
Formstack is a workplace productivity platform that simplifies healthcare data processes. Healthcare teams can transform piles of paperwork into automated workflows that are easy to administer and 100% HIPAA compliant. From appointment scheduling to insurance verification, Formstack makes it easy to breeze through administrative tasks, reduce security risks, and improve patient care and satisfaction. Learn more and try Formstack here.